“Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the LORD our Maker.”
Drenthe CRC gathers together as the Body of Christ to sing, pray and hear God’s Word, twice each Sunday, beginning and ending the day meeting with God. The purpose of our worship is to glorify God and to build up His people. Our worship is a constant dialogue between us and God as He speaks to us and we respond back to Him.
Various instruments are used to lead the congregation in song, such as the organ, piano, drums and flute. Praise teams and the choir also sing which gives church members the opportunity to use their gifts and talents for God’s glory.
We strive for a balance between traditional and contemporary style of music. We sing many hymns and older songs that we supplement with new songs and modern day hymns. We seek to worship God in a variety of musical expressions.
Sunday School Classes
Sunday School classes are available for 3 year olds through adults. Classes meet each Sunday following the morning service from 10:50-11:35 AM. The Sunday School season runs September to May.
- Sunday school classes are available for Children from ages 3-8th grade. The current curriculum being used is called “Dwell.” This is the new CRC children’s ministry curriculum which is designed to help kids see the Bible as God’s big unfolding story and help them discover their place in it.
- Classes for high school aged teens are focused on the Heidelberg Catechism
- Our College/Career Class is a discussion based class open to all young adults whether in college or beginning their career. Currently they are learning more about different religions of the world.
- For all other adults there is a class that studies lessons from “The Sunday Guide.”
- Special Education class which uses the “Friendship Series” an education ministry for adults with developmental disabilities.